Physical therapy is a crucial part of the recovery process following surgery. Post-surgical rehab programs can help you regain the strength, balance, and mobility you enjoyed prior to surgery. Physical therapy can also help you rediscover the endurance, strength, and energy you’ve been missing if you’ve had surgery to finally correct a long-term injury or issue that has been impacting your overall quality of life. Rehabilitation therapy is especially beneficial for surgeries that necessitate working your way gradually back up to weight-bearing activities.
Post-surgical rehabilitation helps you with:
- Learning to use adaptive devices to get around, like a walker or crutches
- Regaining endurance, muscle strength, and energy
- Improving and restoring range of motion
- Helping you return to daily life and activities
Post-surgical physical therapy is available for a variety of surgical procedures:
At Bon Secours Physical Therapy, we will ensure that you receive an individualized approach to post-surgical therapy and rehabilitation at a rate of progression determined by your surgeon’s specific protocol. Contact any of our locations in the Richmond area for more information.
- Do You Need Physical Therapy After a Long Hospital Stay?
- Physical Therapy Solutions for Diabetic Neuropathy
- Love Your Body This Valentine’s Day – Five Ways to Help
- 4 Noninvasive Treatments for Lower Back Pain
- Happy Healthy Holidays from Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, Abby and Whitney