Balance and Fall Prevention
The incidence of falls increases with age. Several factors can contribute to falls in older adults, including decreased agility, visual impairments, orthopedic problems, and certain medications that may affect balance.
The Balance and Fall Prevention program at Bon Secours Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine teaches seniors how to prevent a fall, identify risk factors in the home, and the importance of daily physical activity in improving strength, balance, and the quality of life.
- Physical evaluation – this includes an evaluation of the musculoskeletal system, including strength, range of motion and sensation; a vestibular assessment; and a balance and gait evaluation
- Assessment of risk factors associated with falls
- Individualized exercise program and education
- Fall prevention techniques
Contact any of our locations in the Richmond area for more information on our Balance and Fall Prevention program
- Do You Need Physical Therapy After a Long Hospital Stay?
- Physical Therapy Solutions for Diabetic Neuropathy
- Love Your Body This Valentine’s Day – Five Ways to Help
- 4 Noninvasive Treatments for Lower Back Pain
- Happy Healthy Holidays from Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, Abby and Whitney